Hi, my name is llama74! When will she be paid the backdated amount? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is llama74! When will she be paid the backdated amount?

llama74
llama74 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
My sister was assessed for UC wca and the next day received a letter on her UC account stating she was now entitled to LCWRA additional payments. If she was owed any money she would receive a letter within 7 days. Two days later she received a letter on UC account, stating how much she is owed. The backdated amounts appeared in the payments section for every month owed. The letter didn't say when she would be paid the backdated amount. My sister has asked twice on her account and called twice, no one has been able to tell her when she will be paid it, it's a substantial amount of money.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Perfectly normal for them to do this because they recalulate all the relevant statements, which they need to do to find out exactly how much they owe you.
    Once money is paid, it takes 3-5 working days to go into a bank account. If she hasn't received it after this time then when she puts a message onto her journal she should put it under the "payments section"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @llama74 good morning and welcome to scope, hope you have found @poppy123456 advice helpful?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.