Difficult Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difficult Christmas

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
Some of you may recall that in the summer we lost five friends/relations in a short space of time, and it's going to be a difficult Christmas for us, our visit to see our daughter and grandson next weekend is also in the balance due to concerns about mixing on trains and public spaces.
So all things considered we are not looking forward to Christmas and can't wait to see the back of this year.
I'm also considering taking a long term break from this forum at the moment it's beginning to affect my mental health, too much negativity, but I haven't made a decision on that one yet.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand it’s been hard for you this year woodbine and I also wouldn’t blame you for taking a break but remember you have friends on this forum who would miss you and your input. Whatever you decide take care and I wish you well.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal thank you for those kind words.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You've had a horrible year @woodbine - & I can understand not looking forward to Christmas as it's especially hard the first year of losing people you care for. Do hope you can see your daughter & grandson next weekend, but if not then, you just have to hang onto the fact you will see them again.
    So sorry things on the forum haven't been great for you recently, but you would indeed be missed; I consider you a friend, & you always will be, x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine you have had your share of sad loss this year and fingers crossed you still get to see your family as planned 

You know you will be missed around here but I totally understand your reasoning as the saying goes don't let them get you down your worth more 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have sent a pm @woodbine sorry that you have been through so much but I get where your comeing from my mental health was affected on here  but we all have the same right to be on here don't let people get you down 

You have many friends on here and I value your friendship take care here if you need me 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I hope you choose to continue on the forums as your contributions will be missed, although I can understand a break could be something that might help. Whatever you choose make sure it is the right thing for you. 

Brightness