Hi, my name is Musi! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Musi!

Musi
Musi Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited December 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi, I have just contacted scope. I have autism spectrum disorder and ptsd, I'm so glad to finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, all the charity numbers for autism support have been closed due to lack of funding or covid so I'm so grateful for this place. Anyway... Hi! How's everyone? Anyone else having trouble accessing services? 
Tagged:

Comments

• monsieur
    monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    I am okay, thank you. A bit cold and rainy weather... Can't wait when it's over. Although sunday was really hot and sunny till bout 1pm
  • Musi
    It is always raining here, I was in Estonia with my husband and his side of family last year in winter, loads of snow! I miss it so much... There's no proper winter here lol
  • monsieur
    Snow is nice :). I do not mind snow But not when it is cold and it rains :( I heard good things about Estonia. Heard it is beautiful out there.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Musi and welcome to the community, we're so pleased you decided to join. 

You're welcome to explore the forum, if you're unsure about getting around please do ask for a hand, we're here to help. 

If you'd like to you can visit our category on Autism and neurodiversity and join in with discussions, or you can head to the Coffee Lounge, we've got lots of Christmas themed fun and games there!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Musi
    monsieur said:
    Snow is nice :). I do not mind snow But not when it is cold and it rains :( I heard good things about Estonia. Heard it is beautiful out there.
    It's very beautiful, väga ilus, Im learning Estonian. The people are so nice, I get on well with all the locals ?. Hopefully next summer get to go again, that's if all those restrictions are taken away.. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Musi

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us.

We certainly aren't closed so that's a good sign! I also have autism spectrum disorder myself. 

Is there anything, in particular, you are trying to seek support with? Just wondering how I can help best! 

In the meantime, you may particularly benefit from our discussion sections about autism and neurodiversity (https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism) and mental health and wellbeing (https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues)

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon!  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Musi
    Hi @Musi

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us.

We certainly aren't closed so that's a good sign! I also have autism spectrum disorder myself. 

Is there anything, in particular, you are trying to seek support with? Just wondering how I can help best! 

In the meantime, you may particularly benefit from our discussion sections about autism and neurodiversity (https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism) and mental health and wellbeing (https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues)

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon!  <3
    I do need some support with an upcoming court case, I'm in trouble with the police as when I was having a meltdown I lashed out at an officer.. My court case was on the 28th but now they moved it to the 23rd... I'm struggling to cope as I get no support for my autism.. I do have a diagnosis and I also have ptsd as well. I don't really see the G.P that much as I have trust issues with them. 
    I have made so many calls today feeling so overwhelming.. I don't want to go to meltdown again trying to cope as best I can but I need some help ?
  • monsieur
    Do not worry, everything will be ok

My mate bit a police officer back in a day when he was drunk, and he had a court case but he didn't end up in jail for this

• Musi
    monsieur said:
    Do not worry, everything will be ok

My mate bit a police officer back in a day when he was drunk, and he had a court case but he didn't end up in jail for this

Last time when this happened I had a fine, but me and the solicitor had more time to prepare.. My Court date has been moved forward I don't know if I have enough time to get my medical records together ? at the station when I was released they said I was trying to hide behind my autism.. But I'm not I'm just telling them the truth.. I didn't mean to hit him I don't even remember doing it.. My husband also tried to warn them to back off because I just had melt down but they didn't listen.. This all could have been prevented if they listened to him?
  • monsieur
    You do not remember, so you were probably ****??

Still that does not look like a reason to be sent to a jail... Suspended sentence would be a maximum I bet
    this is really silly thing to get worried about.

But well, I hope it all goes well for you anyway...
  • Musi
    monsieur said:
    You do not remember, so you were probably ****??

Still that does not look like a reason to be sent to a jail... Suspended sentence would be a maximum I bet
    this is really silly thing to get worried about.

But well, I hope it all goes well for you anyway...
    I had some drinks but not enough to loose memory ?it happens occasionally when I'm completely sober to, it's a meltdown so it's triggered by sensory overload and burnout.. Anyway I hope for the best to, something still doesn't seem right with how the police have conducted themselves tho
  • monsieur
    Yeah, it might be different because it is not a first time...
    Actually I am not sure if my mate hasn't spent 1 month in a prison for biting a police officer. I have completely forgot... :-(
    I hope all goes well for you thouygh
  • Musi
    I hope it goes ok to... Hopefully it's going to be just a bigger fine this time, I'm trying to get a social worker or key worker or something, and they were supposed to help me with that last time but didn't.. Just sorta forgot about me, anyway they can't say I'm not trying. 
  • monsieur
    I have heard stories about support workers in the UK from a lot of english people and they all say they're nothing but useless and trouble makers...

• Musi
    Great! That makes me feel better ?? lol.. Anyway I'm just going to try not to think about it too much 
  • monsieur
    Well, it is one of these things you can't control and all you can do is to stay positive and think that everything will be ok :)
    And think that there is a guardian angel somewhere that protects you from evil :)
  • Musi
    Thanks, that makes me feel a little better, I've had sleep now so I'm thinking more clearly ?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Musi I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better this morning, but I was sorry to read that you're not feeling supported with your autism. What sort of support do you feel would help at the moment?

I don't really see the G.P that much as I have trust issues with them. 

Can I ask what sparked these trust issues? If you'd like to talk about it privately then you're welcome to send a private message or email: community@scope.org.uk if it's easier. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Musi
    My trust issue with the G.P stems from years of misdiagnosis, not listening to me when I said I thought I had some ASD problems, writing down notes wrong, telling me there's nothing wrong with me and just pull myself together.. And recently messing with my husband driving licence when he tried to change from EU to UK, then not admitting fault in anything.. He lost his job because of it, we just started to get our lives back on track now.. But yeah that's why I don't trust them 
  • Musi
    I used to be naive and trust too easily, now they have to earn my trust, and sorry they haven't 

Brightness