My experience with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My experience with PIP

criosphinx
criosphinx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I want to share my experience with PIP. It’s exhausting and stressful but if you keep fighting it you should get the outcome you deserve.

I was on lifetime DLA and out of the blue I got the text message from PIP informing me of an upcoming telephone assessment. It was a very stressful phone all and nerve racking and some things they asked me I couldn’t understand. She told me I will get a decision within 8-12 weeks.

Then came the decision letter informing me I don’t qualify for daily living, but awarded me standard mobility. I had bo choice but to challenge the decision with a mandatory reconsideration request. I sent in more evidence. I was told I will receive a decision in 8-12 weeks. On the 11th week I get a letter informing me that they’ve looked at my claim again and confirm I still don’t qualify for daily living, but my mobility remains rewarded. At this point there was nothing else I could do but appeal to the tribunal. 

After submitting all the information to
the tribunal I heard nothing for two weeks or so. On the day before the DWP are to respond to the tribunal I get a phone call from PIP. They told me they have looked at my claim again with the evidence and want to award me enhanced daily living and standard mobility for 5 years, and back pay to when they awarded me mobility but not daily living.

my advice to anyone having problems with their claim is don’t stop fighting of your claim is rejected please take it further and if your mandatory is rejected please take the tribunal route. I wish everyone the best of luck 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.