ESA and PIP questions… please help I’m so stressed with it all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and PIP questions… please help I’m so stressed with it all

Options
Floydiee1995
Floydiee1995 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
Hi all, 

So I applied for PIP November last year sent tons and tons of documents from GP, physiotherapists, OT and my psychiatrist liaison. 

I was given a telephone assessment (due to covid and scored 0 for everything.. long story short because I still was able to work I shouldn’t be entitled to anything and that’s where the zeros came across the board. 

Unfortunately my OA has now become severely worse. I have been off work since September this year and has had a huge impact on my MH. I don’t know wether to apply again or just give up? Some advice from anyone would be amazing! 

The last time I saw my consultant was July this year and I’m awaiting my last procedure as he cannot do anymore for me after this removal of bone Spurs and the only other surgery is to have my bones fused :( which is driving me insane as will reduce mu mobility around 90%

I have applied for ESA start of November and started the aim from December 1st haven’t recieved a payment yet though? I don’t know if this is because the ESA50 needs to get back to them first or not? 

I seem to remember being paid 2 weeks after my start date until mu assessment for that… 

any help on what to do would be much my appreciated. I literally have nothing left and no more energy. 

Many thanks, x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Did you challenge the decison? If not was there any reasons why? To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal. Sending "tons" of evidence isn't helpful if it doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you.
    PIP is also not about working, people claim PIP and work but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming then it can go against you.
    You should get some expert advice before doing anything else. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    I'm a little confused about this comment..

I have applied for ESA start of November and started the aim from December 1st haven’t recieved a payment yet though?

Then you said this.. have you applied for ESA previously to this? If so when was that and what was the decision of the work capability assessment?

I seem to remember being paid 2 weeks after my start date until mu assessment for that… 

Claiming New style ESA depends on your NI contributions in tax years April 2018 and March 2020. It often takes a few weeks to receive any money. Although because you applied in November you should ring DWP to ask what's happening with that claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Floydiee1995
    Floydiee1995 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Did you challenge the decison? If not was there any reasons why? To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal. Sending "tons" of evidence isn't helpful if it doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you.
    PIP is also not about working, people claim PIP and work but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming then it can go against you.
    You should get some expert advice before doing anything else. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I have applied for ESA start of November and started the aim from December 1st haven’t recieved a payment yet though?

Then you said this.. have you applied for ESA previously to this? If so when was that and what was the decision of the work capability assessment?

Claiming New style ESA depends on your NI contributions in tax years April 2018 and March 2020. It often takes a few weeks to receive any money. Although because you applied in November you should ring DWP to ask what's happening with that claim.
    Thanks for your reply. So firstly the evidence I sent was about how my condition effects me and not about a diagnosis. Letters were written from numerous care providers who deal with my treatment and care. 

Regarding ESA I applied November this year as ans done my start date as December the 1st as my ssp ends. 

Thanks for sharing the link will take into that too 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So firstly the evidence I sent was about how my condition effects me and not about a diagnosis. Letters were written from numerous care providers who deal with my treatment and care. 

Regarding ESA I applied November this year as ans done my start date as December the 1st as my ssp ends. 

Thanks for sharing the link will take into that too 
    Hi @Floydiee1995 :) 

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP application and the stress that it has been causing you. I can imagine you felt disappointed and frustrated after hearing the PIP outcome. Did you have support throughout the process from others?

As @poppy12345 suggested, I think it would be useful to get some expert advice from advice local to see how they can help you with your application. If you are not happy with your PIP decision, you can challenge this via a Mandatory Reconsideration. If this is something that you feel comfortable doing, please see below some information about the process:

If you have any further questions or queries, please just let us know :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness