Have DWP started seeing people F2F? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have DWP started seeing people F2F?

solly1902
solly1902 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received a text today from dwp after sending in my pip  form which said I might need to attend an assessment.  I just wanted to know if dwp have started seeing people f2f because my anxiety will hit the roof. Already stressed out.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes f2f assessment have started again but most cases are still being done by telephone assessment where it is possible 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sally1902 :) As Janer1967 has said, face-to-face assessments have resumed, but most people are still having remote assessments. Is there anything in particular you're worried about regarding face-to-face assessments?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Yes f2f assessment have started again but most cases are still being done by telephone assessment where it is possible 
    A disabled person does not have to prove they are ill to get benefits though. That's a misrepresentation of the process (again). Almost no-one has their diagnosis challenged by DWP. Indeed I cannot remember the last time I was made aware of that happening to anyone. Last time it happened for a client of mine was approximately 1990. 

Any chance we can merge the two threads to avoid confusion?
      I have moved my comments here?

What is the point of an assessment? its to get the correct rate of benefit through a points system.
      The point system was designed by the DWP and PIP's. 
      And before you say that it belongs to ATOS, I KNOW.  I am talking about the principles of the assessment system and reports written by Professor Harrington, the Black report, etc. over 1000 pages and what has changed very little.
    The assessment is to give the minimum to people who require help otherwise they would not apply.
      Please explain what the assessment company is supposed to do in order to be paid for each report?  What are their guide lines?
    Because it seems every comment I make is incorrect so please enlighten me.
      Tell me about what you have to do in order to become an assessor and what they need to know in order to be approved by the DWP and secretary of State?  Mine states that they have to be medical practitioners at the time of the assessment, it does not say have some experience, it says must be registered on an appropriate Medical Register and have a valid ID, it does not state that the title nurse is sufficient as nurse cover many grades that is why it was added that the " Appropriate " Medical register, since a State Registered Nurse was superseded in 1990's to 2000's.  These titles are all professional titles so if they held this title they would realise that when writing the report that there name on the bottom is as good as an electronic signature, it also states this in the charter you do not recognise, since the report is written for the Decision Maker who has the final word on its use and it is him you need to get a copy from, as they use this to state the report is my opinion of what I have seen and the final decision is down to the Decision Maker as he has no medical background? 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessor will make a report based on what they see or what you say, then the DM will make the decision based on that plus the information and if applicable the evidence you supplied.
    The better job you do of completing the forms could make a difference to your award.
    As for F2F I was talking to an Atos (hissss) and from next week they are back to working from home, which tells me that assessments may well all be back to being telephone assessments.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Just a friendly reminder, as touched on above, to keep this discussion on topic and focussed on the question put forward by the OP.

Hi @solly1902, how are you? I hope you have found the replies on this discussion helpful and please let us know if there's anything else you need support with :) 

Merry Christmas
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi all, 

I would just like to reiterate @Ross_Scope's comment and provide a gentle reminder to keep the conversation on topic (in relation to the original question put forward by the OP) and to keep it friendly and supportive. 

@solly1902 I hope the above responses answer your questions and if you have any further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Jamescasali
    Jamescasali Community member Posts: 86 Connected
    solly1902 said:
    I received a text today from dwp after sending in my pip  form which said I might need to attend an assessment.  I just wanted to know if dwp have started seeing people f2f because my anxiety will hit the roof. Already stressed out.
    Hi Solly, 
    I sent my pip forms back, exactly a week ago , and have had the same  txt youve  had, have you had a date for yours yet f2f or tel-com?

• solly1902
    @Jamescasali yes it did say that but it was done via telephone. I think that's how they're done now 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    solly1902 said:
    @Jamescasali yes it did say that but it was done via telephone. I think that's how they're done now 
    Some are face to face or video call. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jamescasali
    solly1902 said:
    I hope it was a successful outcome for you,how long did you wait for the telephone assessment?
    And im curious as to where in the country you are ?
    Thanks
  • solly1902
    @Jamescasali hiya I applied for pip in nov 2021 got a letter around January from capita with an phone assessment in first week of March and I got paid mid March. Dont stress hopefully you'll get it 
  • Jamescasali
    Thanks for that info i had the txt 8th April 22 so  i'm hopeful might only be a similar time frame as you experienced , yes i know, it variessss and still could be f2c  and i know it could be 6 mths too, located here in shropshire,you?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    solly1902 said:
    im curious as to where in the country you are ?

located here in shropshire,you?
    Maybe solly doesn't want to reveal their location. Some maybe very private people when it comes to the internet. I know i am and i would never reveal my location to anyone i don't know. The only ones here that know where in the country i live are the few i've become friends with and trust them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jamescasali
    I've found out my assessment will be done by capita  who have a vacancy in the town where the assessment maybe held/done from  starting salary  of 34k rising to 35k after probation + a 3k bonus for  something, compared to a nurses salary  with 2yrs exp post quali of about 27k, and 9-5 mon-fri job and  3 assessments per day,  you can see why some nurses  choose the role of pip assessor.

Interesting I thought..!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.