PIP claim. Can someone help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim. Can someone help?

Options
emjae
emjae Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello Just need abit of help really. I’ve applied for pip. I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s a maximum about of time they back date too? I’ve heard they’ll only do it up to 3 months however online is saying from the date you started your claim and mine is looking at 21 weeks I’ve been waiting now. Can anyone help me with this who’s been successful with their pip application. Was you back dated too the date you started your claim? Thankyou 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The claim start date is the date you ring to make the claim and PIP cannot be backdated to an earlier date.

Regardless of how long it takes to reach a decision if an award is made arrears will be paid to cover the period from the start date to the decision date. That is not backdating - simply payment of money due.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emjae and welcome to the community! Has calcotti's reply answered your question? 

Do let us know if you're unsure about anything else :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.