Christmas shopping — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas shopping

Options
CatLyn64
CatLyn64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Christmas is a wonderful time of year??    But does anyone else find it difficult to get out and do a shop?   The other day I went out and omg the stuff piled up!!!!    Its a day of celebration that I feel really isolated   I cannot afford most of this stuff      plus shouldn't goodwill to all men and women be all year round?   

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CatLyn64 thanks for joining the forum and reaching out :) I think there is a lot of pressure on us to buy a certain amount to celebrate Christmas, which as you say, isn't easy for everyone!

We do have a discussion on cheap ways to create Christmas magic but I appreciate that doesn't cover all situations.

Was there something that stood out as being very difficult? I find I do more shopping online (not only to stay as safe as possible during the pandemic), but also because a lot of shops still are not step free, or fully accessible.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Went to Tesco yesterday and they had poster up open boxing day, and there we all were shopping like they'd be closed till Easter  :/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness