Hi, my name is Carmen and my nickname is carionro! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Carmen and my nickname is carionro!

Options
carionro
carionro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in Work and employment
Hello! I hope that together we can help and advise each other on all our problems! I hope to be welcome in your community! Thanks!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @carionro you are very welcome here :) Thanks for joining today! What made you sign up?

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and enjoy exploring our categories. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • carionro
    carionro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello everyone! I want to make new friends who are like me. And I would like to discuss with you all the steps that need to be taken to find a job that is consistent with my ability to work. Specifically, I prefer a job, not benefits, because it would help me more, including interacting with the people I need so much. I don't speak English well, I use google translate to communicate with you. I apologize for any mistakes! THANK YOU FOR EXISTING AND I AM AMONG YOU!
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @carionro :) 

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to have you here with us :)

That's great that you're wanting to make new friends and there's plenty of friendly people on the community who also want to make friends. I suggest you take a look at our coffee lounge category, where you can meet new people and play some fun games. 

Please don't apologise for the translation, your English is great! That's great that you're looking for work; do you have any main interests/hobbies? As this will hopefully underpin what type of jobs you might be looking for. In the meantime, I've shared a link below with you which is a blog post from one of our previous inhouse members @Pippa_Alumni. The blog outlines different options for accessible work and I think it will be really useful for you :):  
    I hope the above resource helps, and if you have any further questions or queries, then please let us know. 

Take care, 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @carionro

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us.

I think a good place to start would be to think about your strengths and things you enjoy.

Access to Work can then support you with making things accessible for you.

I don't think anything is outside of your reach! Keep believing  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness