What's your favourite inspirational quote? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's your favourite inspirational quote?

Noah
Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
edited June 2015 in Coffee lounge
Just thought it would be interesting to compile some inspirational quotes, they can be your own, or from someone that inspires you. Once we have 7 different responses, I will add mine! :-)

Comments

• JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    “What if I fall?"
    "Oh, but my darling what if you fly?” - Erin Hanson
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Working on the community, mine would have to be: "The only way to do great work is to love what you do," by Steve Jobbs.
  • handyjohn
    handyjohn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown
  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited January 2016
    'Without change, there would be no butterflies.'

A great one when times feel tough: something beautiful may blossom from the transition. This was particularly pertinent when diagnosed with my spinal condition when 13. It has certainly shaped me into who I am today, but I was resistant to the change at the time. I even had this written repeatedly on my spinal brace so I'd never forget!
  • JennyF
    JennyF Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Life isn't about waiting for the rain to stop, it's about learning to dance in the rain
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    My old school motto
    "comme je trouve"

As I find 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    'Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.' Dalai Lama
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    If you love your job you will never do a days work in your life
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I have two, "don't trouble trouble, til trouble troubles you"   and "if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Never judge another until you’ve walked a mile in their moccasins 
    also
    its the wolf which makes the caribou strong.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Dont go to sleep on an argument and life is to short to bear grudges 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    'Todays mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.'  Rosa Parkes and 'don't give up, this too shall pass.'
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
  • Ookpik
    Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    l have one. 
    Never judge a person by the way they look. Judge them by the way their bank balance looks. Sounds good to me
    Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail
  • Ookpik
    Dont go to sleep on an argument and life is to short to bear grudges 
    l agree on that one. l fell asleep while having an argument with my wife. She woke me up and said. You never listen to me. And l said l agree with that.  The leftover dinner from Christmas was all out of proportion on top of my head. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Not an Inspiration quote but I use these in life 
    Always act the fool to catch the wise.
    Smiling assassins ( those who appear friendly but are not)  could name a few lol
  • Ookpik
    Sandy_123 l agree with that one. One has got to be Canny to catch the immoral perpetrators in the act. 

l did that about 15 years ago. When l help a person to get a place to live in and l help that person with food and other bits. Only to be betrayed. So l pretended l knew nothing about this person. And continued with my plan.l went to a local media company and gave them the info they needed. That person was exposed right across the front line headlines with all the people that person was also trying to con. That is when the threats started. , well, l can go on and on. But,l succeeded in getting that person deported, when l found where the person fleed to.

l sometimes cry with desperation to why life is full of bad people out to betray those who want to help. But if it happens again[and it did ] l will always remain canny , 

Brightness