How did it go? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How did it go?

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge
So as we charge head first into the new year, how did your Christmas go?

We had 2 friends who ended up with covid over Christmas, other than that it went pretty much as expected.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It all went to plan had a lovely Christmas Dinner out and boxing day with family then a chill TV catch up day yesterday 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Ours was lovely, we had a delicious Christmas dinner with just me and my partner, and have just been relaxing since.

We were due to have some family over yesterday but I've had a positive lateral flow test so we're both isolating now, in hindsight it's a relief that it was just a quiet Christmas for us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    @Ross_Scope sorry to hear you've got you know what, how are you feeling?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm feeling fine thank you @woodbine, just experiencing the odd cough but it's very minimal. Both me and my partner have done a PCR today, thankfully she's still negative so far on the lateral flow test.

I'm always one to look on the bright side, so if I am isolating for the next 10 days at least I have a relaxing, quiet New Years ahead with my Christmas goodies :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    We had a lovely day, just my younger daughter and myself for Christmas dinner, which was lovely and free from stress. Though she did wake me up at 6.20 :#
    My elder daughter, her partner and grandson came over mid afternoon for a few hours. We litterally couldn't move in the living room from all the presents and wrapping paper lol. I think my grandson had everything... include a childs kitchen sink   :D
    @Ross_Scope sorry to hear this and hope you're feeling better soon. My daughter had it in August and she wasn't too bad at all.
    The rules for isolation have changed but you must have a negative LFD test on day 6 and 7 of your isolation. Full details here.  https://www.gov.uk/government/news/self-isolation-for-covid-19-cases-reduced-from-10-to-7-days-following-negative-lfd-tests

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    @poppy123456 sounds like you had a great Christmas I bet your grandson had a great day.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Just me and mum mainly my partner and his sin came for dinner and opend more presents couldn't see family as five had corona virus Xmas isn't the same anymore not the last two years any way 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    I had a lovely Christmas as my son cooked dinner for myself & his wife, so it was stress free day for me, & so appreciated.
    Hope you stay feeling OK @Ross_Scope, & all those in whom Covid-19 has impacted their lives.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Christmas Day my son fell out with the family, we made up, Boxing Day he did the same, then Monday we made up again. Haven’t seen him since so so far so good. I’ve enjoyed Monday and today though so not all bad.

Get well soon anyone with the dreaded covid including @Ross_Scope.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Was going great until my daughter in law decided to fall off her motor bike today. Luckily fractured broken shoulder.  Good start to new year
  • janer1967
    @Sandy_123 ouch hope she recovers quickly on the positive side it could have been a lot worse 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Ouch sorry to hear that @Sandy_123. I hope she's not in too much pain and recovers quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Im ready to take the Christmas tree, cards and decorations down now, I’m over it all now. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I was ill with coronavirus over Christmas, so didn't quite have the day I'd planned as I was isolating on my own. I still managed to open my presents and have some tasty snacks though, so I can't really complain! 
    Im ready to take the Christmas tree, cards and decorations down now, I’m over it all now. 

I think lots of people feel that way after Christmas @MarkM88, though some like to hang onto the decorations for as long as possible.

When does everyone else like to take their decorations down?

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    @Tori_Scope sorry to hear you had the virus and were isolating on your own 

Maybe have a delayed Christmas day when you can 
  • Sandy_123
    Yes she's at home resting @Adrian_Scope
    Sorry to read you've had the virus @Tori_Scope
    @janer1967 they worry you to death was lucky really
    I personally don't like Xmas decs looming into the new year, so on the 1st be down 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm hoping to visit some family in January if any new restrictions allow @janer1967 :) I'll just have to see. 

Yes, it always feels a bit strange having Christmas decorations up during the new year to me too @Sandy_123. Do you have any plans for new year's eve?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sandy_123
    I always wait up for new year to come in with the fire works. It's a quiet 1 for me, I'll be on my own, I don't mind tho.

Brightness