Happy new year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy new year

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
Going to wish most of you a happy new year as won't be around from now until I don't know when, once again seriously thinking of leaving scope due to the low level bullying that I have been subjected to and to which scope have taken no action.

I hope 2022 is everything you are hoping it will be x
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @woodbine, hope it wasn’t anything I said

Happy new year everyone from me as well
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm also sorry to read this & was unaware you thought the problems continuing. Admittedly I've not been on the forum as much as usual recently, but had thought Adrian was looking into this from a recent comment he made.
    Anyway, wish you a senior management a happy & healthy New Year, & hope to hear from you soon. I also wish a happy & healthy New Year for all Scope members, & hope 2022 is better for everyone. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine don't let bully's force you off the forum they must have a sad life to keep bullying people and they should be ashamed of their self 

This is a disability forum to help people and give advice and support people its unacceptable that people bully people and make people feel worse and then make them feel like leaving 

Scope should be doing something about it not allowing it to happen online bullying is against the law its no better than trolling people which is also a criminal offence 

We are grown up adults not school children in a play ground people need to grow up and act like adults 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    In all honesty i've not seen anything recently, at least nothing that i've thought was concerning. You will have people that disagree with things on all forums, it's no different here to anywhere else i've been a member of. It makes no difference that this is a disability forum, people come for support whether they're disabled or not.
    If you don't like a member then add them to your ignore list then it's job done, you won't see their comments.
    Happy New Year to you @woodbine and SM.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I would say that it really does matter that this is a forum for people who are disabled and those who care for them and about them, I know it's not just me that feels that there is bullying going on.
    But happy new year to you and yours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm in agreement with Poppy, tho just because I haven't seen anything concerning doesn't mean it hasn't affected yourself, & you mention others. As Poppy says, put a member(s) on your ignore list. Haven't ever done it myself, but presumably this will help.
    Overall I feel the Scope team listen to everyone's concerns, which they don't do lightly, & keep everyone safe. I can only suggest reiterating your concerns to them.
    I feel bullying & trolling have to be fairly extreme for them to be actually considered a crime in all honesty from what I've read.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Happy New Year. If you have concerns please raise it with the community team. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy new year @woodbine let's hope its a better one. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy new year everybody! 

Have a lovely New Year’s Day and best wishes for the coming year.

💕💕💕

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    In all honesty i've not seen anything recently, at least nothing that i've thought was concerning. You will have people that disagree with things on all forums, it's no different here to anywhere else i've been a member of. It makes no difference that this is a disability forum, people come for support whether they're disabled or not.
    If you don't like a member then add them to your ignore list then it's job done, you won't see their comments.
    Happy New Year to you @woodbine and SM.
    If people bug yeah. Report them and Ignore them.🤐this is your forum too🤓Happy New Year .All🙃

Brightness