New Years Resolutions ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Years Resolutions ?

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
Do you make them, and if so what are they for 2022.?

I must confess that i don't usually, although this year I do have one, having not smoked for 8 months now my resolution is that in 12 months time that will be 20 month, so I guess I do have one  B)
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure you will achieve that woodbine you might have to change your user name 

I don't normally make any but I have 1 I am considering which if I go for will all be revealed come the new year 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    My new years resolution is to finish my house off and keep my mum and myself as safe as I can started doing all my shopping on line and just walk in my local area 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Quite a basic one, but I’m going to ensure I drink more water throughout the day. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I always think the best time to start something is right now - I think choosing a date in the future is kind of putting it off needlessly. An example is when people say they are going to go on a diet “after tonight” or “next week” or whatever - IMO stop putting it off and do it now.

That said I have a couple of goals, not for new year just things I’ve thought of: be more independent; and be more assertive (but still polite) with medical professionals to get the help I need - don’t let them say “see you in 3 months” unless there is something in place for me to work on in those 3 months!

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang thats how I gave up smoking.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I tried giving up smoking a few times when I was young on New Year’s Day but failed every time. I finally gave up thanks to stoptober the nhs initiative. Brilliant actually, I had free lozenges and patches for a while and that was about five or six years ago now I think. I had smoked a lot since I was fifteen though I had the odd one at nine years of age. 

Id highly recommend using patches and lozenges, they take the edge off marvellously and make what seemed impossible for me possible. Well done nhs and the taxpayer! 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Happy new year to all. My new year's resolution is to concentrate more on myself for a change,not stress about things I cannot control. 

Brightness