Saving money in 2022 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Saving money in 2022

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
I'm sure we are all aware that rising prices and benefits not keeping pace with inflation will be a problem in 2022 there are two websites I use on a regular basis to save money: Hotukdeals.com for nation/local deals, and online bargains posted by members.
Also YankeeBundles can be great for all sorts of bargains with p&p at just £!.

Happy bargain hunting in 2022. If any of you have any more suggestions it would be great if you could share them.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m very keen on saving money and am always up for a bargain however…

I would always ask yourself if you need something before buying it, regardless of whether it is a good price;

something a family member says…If something has 50% off, and looks a great deal, ask yourself if you can save 100% by not buying it at all!!!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I also recommend Top Cash Back.

It was recommended to me by someone on here.

I signed up to it this time last year and now have £30 in cash back.

Never going to buy a car or a house with the proceeds but it’s £30 for buying what I’d buy anyway.

Just make sure not to buy things you don’t need just to get cash back. They do like to bombard you with offers.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It’s a good start to the year to see if you can get any deals on utilities. 

If you have unwanted gifts, you can try and return them or exchange them and whilst doing this it’s a good opportunity to declutter and get rid of old items you have in the house you no longer use. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    I second @66Mustang

TopCashback is a brilliant website I use it for nearly everything, even takeaways and clothes shopping. Good Luck to all of you in this tough year ahead.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I only used TCB once and i got £50 for swapping internet provider, I really must use it more this year.
    Another good way of making some extra cash is signing up to You Gov you get £50 for doing surveys and opinion polls usually takes me most of the year to earn the £50 but every penny counts.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I signed up to national office for statistics covid testing programme 

You get tested every month and get £25 per test me and toby have done it for about 18 months now and with extra payment for first time and weekly tests we gave been paid over 1k 

You have to be invited to participate I have done previous surveys for them which is why I think we were selected 

It does make me think though of the cost of this to the government 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    It is costing too much and every extra restriction comes at a cost. I am and will probably be always wary of this virus but even with Omicron surging I feel we can’t impose any more restrictions. I’m boosted and I’m lucky enough to have family and very few friends- but the past 2 lockdowns I got taken in to a shell and had low mood. I don’t really go out anyway but the once a week Costa trip with my carer really helps.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 I declined when I was invited as I test four times a week lateral flow and twice a month pcr test 
  • marbleempire
    marbleempire Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @janer1967 I declined when I was invited as I test four times a week lateral flow and twice a month pcr test 

Saving money is something that almost all the inhabitants of the planet are interested in nowadays, regardless of the amount of their income.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @marbleempire

Do you have any hints or methods that you use to save money at the moment? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness