PIP waiting times following assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting times following assessment

Options
k8xc
k8xc Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hiya :) 

I applied for PIP in July and a PA3 was completed 9th December - they advised it would be approx 10 - 14 days for a decision. I requested the report in the mean time and all looks good. However when I’ve rang for gradual updates I’ve been told 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, then a few days, now they’re saying 6 weeks. It’s been with a specific case manager now for 4 weeks and 3 days. Can anyone let me know if they were assessed in December and had any decisions made recently? 

Just anxious in case there is a problem.

Thanks 

Comments

• k8xc
    Options
    Hiya - I’ve tried looking for this for the past few days - all I can see is people asking about the ENTIRE process of waiting where as I’m asking a specific question of other people’s experiences with case managers as of late - hope this is ok - and any answers regarding my question would help. Thanks
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @k8xc :) 

Thank you for sharing your experiences and I'm sorry that you're having to wait so long to get a response. Please try to not worry about there being an issue with your application, I know it's easier said than done, but I'm sure someone would get in touch with you, if there was any issues etc. I think it's a good idea to ask our community members about their experiences, especially if they were assessed in December. 

I hope some of our members will get back to you and share their experiences too. 

If you have any further questions, then please let us know.

Libby

Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once the report has been returned to DWP the waiting time for a decision is between 2-12 weeks. Who ever told you 10-14 days is very optimistic. Some members are still waiting 9 weeks after the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, i was asessed on 3rd of dec and they made a decision on 4th of jan and today i recieved my back pay, hope you hear something soon.
  • k8xc
    Options
    Thank you everyone I feel more reassured and that’s good news @rayrar80 hopefully mine won’t be much longer :) 
  • linzie78
    linzie78 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hi, I had telephone assessment on 9th December and had decision on 23rd December. Hope you hear soon. 
  • k8xc
    Options
    Thanks @linzie78 thats quite quick isn’t it :) 
  • linzie78
    linzie78 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    No worries, awful waiting and not knowing. Very stressful. I came across this forum
    by googling waiting times for a decision…So glad I did. I had the payment in the bank on 23rd before I got the award letter a few days later so keep checking your bank. 
  • k8xc
    Options
    I just called for another update and apparently I haven’t even got a case manager working on it anymore where as I did 10 days ago, maybe they’ve went off sick. I feel I’ve been put back to the queue and will be waiting for the long haul :(
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @k8xc that must be frustrating news. Were they able to give you any other information on your call?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ringing the up like this just causes more anxiety and i'm speaking from experience. I totally understand it's stressful having to wait but waiting times are long because of huge backlogs, which is totally understandable due to current conditions.
    Best thing to do is try to put it to the back of your mind and concentrate on something else.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • k8xc
    Options
    Hi everyone 

@Alex_Scope they didn’t mention anything else really just advised to call in 2 weeks time. 

@Username_removed you’re right as they have all told me different each time

@poppy123456 I am definitely going to hold back now from calling as you’re right it is making me anxious.

I just hope they honour what the nurse who assessed me said as she was quite correct, factual and accurate throughout her report so I need to bare in mind this positive to help with the anxiety.

I’ve applied for physical conditions rather than mental health - however I believe I’m making my own anxiety worse in the process hahaha.

I will post an update once I have it.

thank you every one - if anyone sees this and could post regarding their assessments and waits in December this would be good. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    @k8xc it's definitely a good idea to try and avoid any triggers for your anxiety, what do you find helps you to destress and relax most? 

I know it's difficult, but try and use that to distract yourself from dwelling on the wait, if you can. Please do keep us updated with how you get on, and let us know if we can help further :)
    Scope

• k8xc
    Options
    Hi everyone - just an update. One of the CS advisors I previously spoke to rang me (which she promised she would within a week or so to give me an update due to being anxious) - she advised that it was still with the case manager. She said as it had been over 4 weeks she will email the case manager to ask why a decision hasn’t been made as they’ve had my assessment report since 10th December. 

I didn’t get a response and now almost on week 6. So I called for an update (as she said I should get one due to emailing the specific case manager who holds my case) and another advisor answered. She said now it’ll take 9-12 weeks. 

I’ve had most them saying 4-5 weeks now they’re saying up to 12 weeks. 

Just to let anyone know for waiting. 

• k8xc
    Options
    Me again - a nice CS advisor called and advised it’s been awarded - unsure of rate as letter hasn’t been generated as only just been made today :) thank you everyone I feel much more reassured and I’m sorry for being a pain 
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, That’s great news 😊
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• k8xc
    Options
    I’m not even worried about what I’ve been awarded I’m just relieved the process is done. Thank you everyone :) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @k8xc I'm so pleased for you, that must be a relief! You can rest and relax now, well deserved :)
    Scope

• k8xc
    Options
    Morning Alex :) 

The case manager went with the assessment report and I have been awarded standard rate care and mobility I’m very pleased and now can apply for a train pass to get around. 

Thank you again. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    That's great news! :) You're very welcome @k8xc

Are you planning travel a lot by train?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.