Pip change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip change of circumstances

keeleypatchett
keeleypatchett Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is keeley I am 45 years old. I currently get pip at the middle rate but my circumstances changed due to my mobility ie ankle pain finding it difficult to walk. So I put in for a change of circumstances August the 19th they received my form. They then sent it over to capita in October and ive heard today I have a medical assessment on the 22nd December at 10.30 I am really anxious ? scared and ive been sick with my anxiety going sky high. I'm scared they will stop my money altogether I've had bad experience with the medical team before where I got scored 0 for literally everything. I'm on edge can anyone give me some advice please 
Thank you 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @keeleypatchett thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the forum. It's completely understandable that you're anxious. Just remember, no decisions have been made yet. 

Try and take a step back and focus on something else for a moment, do something which helps you relax or de stress. Do you have someone who could sit with you during the assessment, or help you prepare for it?

The assessor will be working on the details you have sent when you applied for a change in circumstance, so it's everything you are already familiar with. If you've got a copy of what you sent, run through it section by section. Make a note of an example of how your condition effects your ability to carry out each of the descriptors. This will help you feel more prepared and settled.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please do ask, we're here to support you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • keeleypatchett
    Thank you so much. I've finealy had my assessment on December 22nd PIP still haven't received it yet they told me to phone capita which I did and they told me the report is now being looked at by someone more senior before we send it to PIP. Should I be worried and does this normally happen? 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited January 2022
    Hi @keeleypatchett :) 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for the updates. How did you find the assessment?

It's great that you actively rang up and took responsibility of your case. I'm not too sure if that is part of the normal PIP process, but some of our more experienced users might be able to offer their advice and opinion on your situation. Please try and not worry about whether it usually happens or not though, each case can be so different, and just try focus on receiving the outcome which hopefully, won't be too long away now :) 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please just let us know.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • keeleypatchett
    Thank you so much libby, I was panicking on the phone during my assessment but calmed myself down. Just a few questions she asked like can I remember my GCSE grades from school I don't know why that question was asked. I'm really hoping it's a good outcome this waiting process is taking it's toll and ive been more stressed out. Its been 5 months 😢 
  • Libby_Alumni
    @keeleypatchett I know it's a challenging process to have to wait for the outcome, but the hardest part is done and I'm sure you did an amazing job with answering the questions. Just think, there's nothing else you can do now, so it's good to focus on the things that you can control, as opposed to the factors you can't :) I do hope you hear sooner, rather than later as I can imagine it's causing a lot of frustration and stress. 

Please keep us updated on the process and good luck :) 
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • keeleypatchett
    @Libby_Scope, thank you 😊  so much and I will keep you posted 😊
  • Libby_Alumni
    Thanks @keeleypatchett :) we look forward to hearing your updates soon.
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like your report is in an audit, which isn't anything for you to worry about. Reports are choosen at random for these audits, it's part of the process they use to check the AP is doing their job correctly. The only downside to them is it can delay the decision making process because there's no timescales how long the report can be in an audit for.
    I've had 2 of my past reports in audit and the shortest time was 1 week, the longest was 6 weeks.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    I hope @poppy123456's response has cleared up a few things for you @keeleypatchett? :) 
    Scope

• keeleypatchett
    @Libby_Scope it as cleared a few things up thank you @poppy123456 for your comment 😊 I feel more at ease now 
  • Libby_Alumni
    So glad to hear that @keeleypatchett :) if you have any other concerns, please just let us know.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.