Pip assessment. Would my UC be affected if I withdrew from PIP?
My pip assessment is due Tues and it's over the phone I'm not sure if I can deal with this right now my mental health is pretty bad I only put in for pip as people said they might be able to help me with my mental health but I don't think I would get awarded it anyway as its only my mental health that's affected and I've heard horror stories anyway I'm on universal credit if I phoned pip and withdrew my application would this affect my universal credit I don't want to just ignore the phone call but I just don't know if its worth been put through loads of questions again I'm not at my best I've been told it won't affect my universal credit but has anyone else been in this situation just stuck on what to do as I know I won't get awarded it as I've not enough evidence I'm still waiting for an appointment to speak to a Councillor the only person I talk to is my doctor any help would be grateful thanks
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.