god i love them. Share the moment you knew your partner saw the person beyond the impairment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

god i love them. Share the moment you knew your partner saw the person beyond the impairment

pattern1991
pattern1991 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
lets spread some joy and romance if you have had an able bodied partner what was the moment you knew they truly saw the person beyond the impairment t hat made you want to snog their faces off and you thought god i love them 

Comments

• Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    I think I realised that my partner saw past my physical impairment, was when he told to “wake up and smell the coffee “ by getting out of an engagement to someone I was engaged to for all the wrong reasons.  I was trying to escape an abusive, controlling mother. Guy made me see that I was worthy of far better things. And 38 years on with Guy I have had a fantastic life.
  • tysoncortwright9
    tysoncortwright9 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I thought, "God, I love him" when he was there for me at a difficult moment in my life.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    What a wonderful thread! I can't comment with any experience but it is lovely to read  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • pattern1991
    nor can i wanted to spred some love though 
  • tysoncortwright9
    tysoncortwright9 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited May 2022
    I thought, "God, I love him" when he was there for me at a difficult moment in my life.
    At that time we had just met, and we didn't know each other very well, but he showed me signs of attention. I got pneumonia and couldn't leave the house. He acted like a real man and cared for me like the woman he loved. After we recovered, we went to church together, where it all happened. We looked at each other, and we didn't need any words. At that moment, I thought, "God, I'm thankful for him, and I love him." This is our little story. We're married now.

Moderator Note: advertising link removed. 

As part of our community house rules, we don't allow links which advertise products or services. Please do have a look over the rules, and do ask if you have any questions.
  • pattern1991
    am glad hope i get the same some day

Brightness