Hi, my name is Kendo861! Had my PIP assessment today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kendo861! Had my PIP assessment today

Kendo861
Kendo861 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello had my pip assessment today couldn't remember what I put on my claim form total nightmare hope some of my replies matched up

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kendo861

Welcome to the community, how are you tonight? 

Thanks for telling us about your assessment, and sorry to hear that you have reservations about how well it went due to that aspect. They will use your form, assessment and any other evidence you sent to come to a decision on your claim, so I'm sure that over the course of the evidence you will have provided plenty of detail, there isn't necessarily a requirement to echo what you put in your form in the assessment.

Aside from this, how do you feel it went overall? 

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category :) This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:
    • The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Kendo861
    Thanks Ross one of my illness was for memory loss so it might not be so bad

• shellbell20
    shellbell20 Community member Posts: 260 Pioneering
    Kendo861 said:
    Hello had my pip assessment today couldn't remember what I put on my claim form total nightmare hope some of my replies matched up
    I get that, I never had my form in front of me. When they asked random questions I thought why, it 100 per cent feels like the prosecution trying to find flaws in your evidence and to me, they are robotic following scripts that don't in any way reflect your life How can they as every person have a different experience of symptoms, medication, daily life, symptoms caused by medication, My assessor just read of a score sheet, asked me questions, hadn't notice what I had mentioned until I actually said no that is not true and went on to say I told you, but you missed a vital point
  • Kendo861
    Hi teddy bear12 you never know how it went there is that many different stories I think it's a lottery
  • Kendo861
    Hi all had phone asessment for pip yesterday got text 8 o'clock am today saying DWP received asessor teport
  • shellbell20
    Kendo861 said:
    Hi all had phone asessment for pip yesterday got text 8 o'clock am today saying DWP received asessor teport

I had the same text the day after my assessment on Tuesday, now its the waiting game.

• Kendo861
    Hishellbell20 are you asking for your report
  • shellbell20
    Kendo861 said:
    Hishellbell20 are you asking for your report
    No, I am not going to do that, as right now my mental health wouldn't be able to cope with it.  I will wait for the decision and appeal. I just don't think the telephone interview reflected my situation or reflects true life when you are living with a disability. I feel they conduct the interviews as one glove fits all well my it seemed that way with my assessor, I can't speak about other assessors as reading on here there seems to be assessors that are more open and give an idea of what the report might look like.
  • Kendo861
    Yeah I agree with you shellbell20 my assessor was a nurse but she never gave anything away, looking back now I think she tried to catch me out on a couple of things. Its gonna be a long and stressful 6/8weeks.keep your chin up
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessors are not supposed to tell you anything at all because it's not their job to do that. I've known assessors tell a claimant not to worry and everything will be fine and they support their claim. When they've receieved the report it was the exact opposite.
    Decision timescales are up to 12 weeks, rather than 8 weeks they seem to like to tell everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shellbell20
    edited May 2022
    Kendo861 said:
    Yeah I agree with you shellbell20 my assessor was a nurse but she never gave anything away, looking back now I think she tried to catch me out on a couple of things. Its gonna be a long and stressful 6/8weeks.keep your chin up
    They definitely try to catch people out and asked me what hand I had my phone in twice. Asked me what time I eat, I said nighttime, but I didn't say,  well the truth is I hardly eat if I can get away with it.  Asked me how long it takes me to have a shower.   They asked me if I have a driving licence, I said yes, but i haven't driven for 8 years, they asked me if I have points on my licence, which I don't.  I didn't get the opportunity to say my driving licence has expired and I haven't renewed it.  They asked me do I have a pet and I said yes a cat, who feeds the cat and who cleans the litter tray.  They asked me if I was employed and I said no, I was sacked for asking for Reasonable Adjustments for my disability. They asked me what my tinnitus sounded like, I said like shattered glass, they said if I smash a glass right now will it sound like that and I said no, I can't explain the sound as its hard to say the exact sound which it is, its like shattering glass but with splinters and high pitch noise. They only briefly asked about my day and every time I tried to expand they said you can talk about that later and I never got the chance.  I felt like I had been found guilty or a liar and I had to prove my innocence. I was mentally and physically worn out after the 2 hours on the phone.
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Hi,
    Try not to dwell on how the health assessment went - easy for me to say - I know,  but you are not alone in feeling the way you describe after an assessment.   If it helps you move on write some notes of what you felt was unfair about the assessment while it is fresh in your mind but not if it is going to make you more anxious - it is better to look after your mental health. At the end of the day we are all human and most people find an assessment a very anxious ordeal.  It really doesn't matter if there are slight inconsistencies in what you've said in your PIP form and what you may have said or not said to an assessor so please don't worry about that.  Remember the community are here to support you during this stressful time while you are waiting for a decision. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. Take care 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Hello @Kendo861:) A warm welcome to you on the community. Well done for getting the hard part out of the way. I hope your PIP assessment goes well. I think it is natural to feel worried about the form and assessment answers not matching. I guess the DWP will look at all the information provided, and as you mentioned you have memory loss, this may go in your favor. Good luck!                

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Kendo861
    Thanks @Jo_2022 iv rang for my report today. I was going to wait for the decision.,but why should I put myself through maybe 8/12 weeks stress and worry.,at least il have an idea of what to expect when it drops through the door. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Kendo861 said:
    .,at least il have an idea of what to expect when it drops through the door. 
    Except that the decision may be different to the report.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • shellbell20
    Kendo861 said:
    Thanks @Jo_2022 iv rang for my report today. I was going to wait for the decision.,but why should I put myself through maybe 8/12 weeks stress and worry.,at least il have an idea of what to expect when it drops through the door. 
    I guess they don't tell you over the phone then? Good luck I hope you have a very positive outcome.
  • poppy123456
    Kendo861 said:
    I guess they don't tell you over the phone then?
    Once a decision's been made you'll be a decision letter. They don't actually ring you to tell you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Kendo861 said:
    but why should I put myself through maybe 8/12 weeks stress and worry.,
    Except that requesting the report often causes even more stress than you may already be experiencing.
  • shellbell20
    Kendo861 said:
    I guess they don't tell you over the phone then?
    Once a decision's been made you'll be a decision letter. They don't actually ring you to tell you.

I meant that if you phone up for the report do they tell you how many points you have from the assessor or do you have to wait for the report?
  • poppy123456
    No because if there's any points recommended they are not added up in the report because it's just a recommendation. The only person that can score you points is a decision maker. To know how many points you scored (if any) you need to wait for the decision letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.