Wheelchairs In Secondary School!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchairs In Secondary School!!

Options
clairerowlings
clairerowlings Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2014 in Education
Just to let you know that i have just won a major battle which has now set a precedent. My son has Spastic diplegia and needs corrective seating in school. He is moving to secondary school in September so he will need to move about a lot this means he also needs a wheelchair! Education obviously couldn't put a Sampson chair in every class room so we requested a wheelchair that sorted out seating and mobility to be jointly funded by education and wheelchair services so that we could get the correct chair, a chair that does it all. We also wanted him to be able to use the chair to get to and from school so we have got them to agree that he can have a power trike to fit onto the front so he can independent on this journey.
We have argued over insurance, maintenance and cost but finally we have got it sorted. Any one who is having a similar battle let me know and i can get you a copy of the paper which is meant to be sent to all education departments to show that eventually all the departments can work together!!

Comments

Brightness