Wizzybug powered wheelchair free loan scheme — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wizzybug powered wheelchair free loan scheme

BIME
BIME Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited September 2014 in Aids, adaptations, and equipment
We are a charity based in Bath and we have been successful in raising funding to allow us to loan out a number of Wizzybugs (www.wizzybug.org.uk) to families in and around Bristol and Bath. Wizzybug is suitable for children from 18 months up to about 5 years.
Contact us for details.

Comments

• hilsflynn
    hilsflynn Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    We were lucky enough to have a Wizzybug provided for our 3 year old through wheelchair services...they are a fantastic means of providing independence to non-mobile toddlers. It has been a struggle to get our boy using his proficiently as his athetosis makes the finer control of the wizzybug (and this would apply equally to any wheelchair) quite hard...but now he has grasped it (after hard work and determination from us all combined with a Whizz-Kidz course) it is just fantastic to see him go.

If you think this may be an option for your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch with BIME and give it go. It truly can provide a life changing tool for your toddler.
  • rosielumley
    rosielumley Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    My daughter would love one of these...does anyone know of a charity that would fund or contribute towards funding for one? Emma is 20mths and has severe Dyskinetic CP. We live in Merseyside. Thanks, Rosie
  • BIME
    Thanks for your great comments about the Wizzybug
  • ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Hi

Scope Response is able to give advice about organizations that might potentially fund equipment for people with cp. Call Freephone 0808 800 3333 (open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) or email response@scope.org.uk

Best Wishes

Forum Moderator
  • BIME
    We now have also gained funding to offer a Wizzybug on free loan in Gloucestershire - please contact us. Check out the Wizzybug website www.wizzybug.org.uk
  • BIME
    STOP PRESS!! We have now received funding for 2 more Wizzybugs anywhere in the UK. Please contact us if you would like to find out about the FREE loan scheme. www.wizzybug.org.uk
  • Flossy
    Flossy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Hi have you tried websites: GRANTS: NEWLIFE, CEREBRA, FAMILY FUND, . Hopefully this will be of help to you.
  • BIME
    Rosie,
    If you would like to apply to the loan scheme please contact us.
  • BIME
    We still have a few Wizzybugs to loan out - please contact us if you are interested.
  • BIME
    We have received a donation of
  • rosielumley
    rosielumley Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi BIME, I hope you got my e-mail- I sent it thursday. Hadn't checked the scope forum in a few weeks. I hope its not too late as we're very interested! I'll try to contact you again if I don't hear from you. Thanks, Rosie
  • BIME
    Hi Rosie
    Yes we have received your email and Nina, our OT, should have contacted you.
    We have received quite a response to the scheme but please do apply.

Our funds are limited but we are still fundraising so that as many people as possible can benefit.

If anyone would like to make a donation please visit www.wizzybug.org.uk and donate online or give us a call.
  • BIME
    We still have a donation of
  • BIME
    We have been pledged more donations to the Wizzybug loan scheme so please apply if you think the Wizzybug is suitable for your child.

• Pperlman
    Pperlman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    [quote=BIME]We have been pledged more donations to the Wizzybug loan scheme so please apply if you think the Wizzybug is suitable for your child.[/quote]
    We live in Cheshire and would probably need a wizxybug for our son in about 6-7 months. How do we go about borrowing one? Tks
  • Pperlman
    Pperlman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there. We live in Cheshire. Our son has sma and is also in need of a wizzybug. Where can we turn for help. Thanks Patricia
  • BIME
    Please see www.wizzybug.org.uk or phone us on 01225 824103
  • BIME
    edited February 2015
  • BIME
    The Wizzybug loan scheme is still going strong and we have built and loaned out 45 Wizzybugs so far. We have some funding for Yorkshire, Merseyside, Wimbledon,
    Shropshire (4 Wizzybugs!), London, Devon, Wiltshire and Berkshire.

see www.wizzybug.org.uk or phone 01225 824103
  • BIME
    We now have more funding available for Wizzybugs in Shropshire, Yorkshire, Merseyside, Wimbledon, London, Devon, Wiltshire and Berkshire.
    Please get in touch - 01225 824103.

Brightness