Teenage boy, with non frequent aggressive mood swings. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Teenage boy, with non frequent aggressive mood swings.

Squirt
Squirt Community member Posts: 3 Listener
What was your experience. Did it improve?

Comments

• Squirt
    As a parent, i need hope that he will settle. He is almost my height, he is getting stronger. i can manage him well at this time.
    What happens in two years.
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
    what communication does he have ?
    strategies might depend on his cognitive and level of communication/
  • Squirt
    Sign language. Gestures. Go talk and ipad capable. Math and language , i would say around the age of seven. Social skills excellent. Independent as much as can be expected. Prefers to try first before getting help. I have found that as his testosterone levels increase so did his irritation. He has been experiencing significant growth spurts in the last year as well as all the secondary sexual
    characteristics. Can the moody behavior associated with hormonal flux. And more intense due to the CP.
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
    CBF has a lot of good advice, on developing a behaviour support plan.

as he has quite good cognitive level you could talk thru with him and draw flow charts etc - when you feel like this go to your room and calm down etc.
    or decide what he can do if feels angry etc- how to release tension in safe way that he can do physically.

. you could also ask for support from a psychologist via gp or paed

http://www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk/about-behaviour/positive-behaviour-support.html

Brightness