useful bus info — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

useful bus info

milo
milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
After all the fun with the buses today see post "if you dont laugh you cry" we made a complaint to Stagecoach Northeast about wheelchair access to their buses. We've just had a call back from an extremely apologetic and understanding manager. He has informed us that they have a procedure in place where the driver is supposed to contact control and either arrange for the bus to be swapped for one with access, or if that is not possible, the control will arrange alternative transport eg a taxi. I don't know if that is just for this company or for all bus services but maybe worth remembering next time you use a bus. Also like to add that am very pleased at the speed of his response to complaint and the way it was handled within an hour or 2 of the complaint being made.

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Really pleased you got a positive quick response Milo.

A useful post, for others that might find themselves in a similar situation.

I wonder if there is an up to date resource or app that can assist people travel more independently that have different individual needs such as wheelchair user, visual impairment etc.
  • milo
    milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    edited September 2014
    I'd definitely like to see some kind of app with contact info for all bus companies as we travel outside the local area so a one stop app would be great ,would also be interested to hear from other members if bus companies in their area have similar policies.

Brightness