'Back to School' How are you feeling? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

'Back to School' How are you feeling?

Hannah_RosyandBo
Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited September 2014 in Children, parents, and families
Thinking of everyone… We know back to school is tough for our kiddos.

I'm anxious as Rosy is changing classroom and changing teacher... thankfully her LSA is staying the same... Let’s hope we can bob along on calm seas.

How about everyone else? Hx

Comments

• NikiM
    NikiM Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Hi,

Yes very anxious time for us all. My daughter is moving into Year 6 - so pivotal year for her and we are in terrible turmoil trying to find the right secondary placement for her. Niki
  • Hannah_RosyandBo
    Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi Niki

That must be a really tough transition... burying my head in the sand about that at the moment - got a few years.

It's the lack of structure over the summer that causes problems for us as she's straight back into the restrictions of a school routine...

I know lots of kids really struggle at this time of year.

Does you daughter find it hard?

Hannah x
  • Sneezy
    Sneezy Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    My son has been back for weeks now (hurrah!!) And you know what? He is loving every moment! He has routine back! He is with his friends! He gets the bus to school and they pick up all the kids they picked up last year! He sings all the same songs they sang at school last year....man, he loves it! Mind you, already telling the new parents at our school to get in touch with social work NOW to try and get support in place for summer 2015 if they think they will need it... Gulp....
  • Bethtait12
    Bethtait12 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    It's my daughters first day in preschool next Monday I'm so nervous as we only look after Paige. And what am I going to do for 2 full days ???!! I'm going to be lost lol

Brightness