Scope survey of parents feelings of stress and exhaustion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scope survey of parents feelings of stress and exhaustion

Options
Hannah_RosyandBo
Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I am so not surprised to hear the results of the Scope survey.

I can relate to all those feelings and experiences. The fight to get the services and support for your child is utterly awful.

I have been to the docs as a result. Have has depression and illness.

I want the Local Authorities to stop bullying parents. We are under enough stress already.

Why do they make it even harder?

Hannah

Comments

• Coco
    Coco Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! My eldest son was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy 5 years ago and we are still fighting to get the house adaptations and equipment, we have been carrying him upstairs to bed for 2 years now. My experience is of attending meeting after meeting, giving people the same information on our situation and no departments communicating with eachother. I dread to think how much money is being wasted, the whole system needs overhauling. Currently I am struggling to stay off anti-depressants!
  • Hannah_RosyandBo
    Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Coco

I do get the feeling that if they spent less time assessing, re-assessing and arguing about the services we need then they would have a great deal more money for actual services.

They need a process analysis to see where they are wasting so much time and money!

Hx
  • lauradavis1992
    lauradavis1992 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hello there,

I am also doing a survey on parental stress I wonder if I will get the same results as Scope? Would be lovely to hear for you.

I am a Psychology student who is in my last year of university and my dissertation is regarding stress in parents who have children with learning difficulties or disabilities. I was just wondering if any of you would mind filling out this survey for me. I would be so grateful!! It will only take 5-10 minutes.

Here is the link: https://westminsterpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3WVxLxywzxtt62F Any questions or queries let me know :)

Thanks,
    Laura
  • kelly2016
    kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Options

Brightness