Trying to change perceptions - My blog — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to change perceptions - My blog

ChelleM
ChelleM Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, 24 years old and from LLiverpool.
I was born with CP (Spastic Diplegia) around 6 years age I become servely depressed and began to have panic attacks, 6 years on I'm finally starting to try and get my life back on track. I eventually would love to run my own bussinuss or support group for people with CP as I know how isolating it can see at times anyway early this week I started my own blog about living with Cerebral Palsy which hopefully will help me on my journey to raising awareness so please all check it out as I would love others opinions and support! www.seemenotcp@wordpress.com if I can help even one person I'll be very pleased :) c

Comments

• niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Hi, I can't seem to get onto your blog using the address and cant find it on google...
    I'd love to have a look, as I'm interested in reading other peoples stories about cp,
  • ChelleM
    Hi can't understand why it wouldn't work :S try this :http://seemenotcp.wordpress.com hope that works, thanks for looking :)
  • rachelcl
    rachelcl Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Excellent blog. Just followed it.
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Wow, amazing blog, I particularly like where you say....... " So what I’m trying to say is ‘ ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE ‘ So no matter what you want too achieve weather it be weight loss or something completely different.. DO IT! Your disability should NOT define you or your dreams!" You have achieved loads, and you should be very proud yourself, thank you so much for sharing your story on the Scope Forum, I'm sure your blog will help lot of people. Certainly very inspirational. Maybe the next motivational speaker?
  • ChelleM
    Noah, thank you for such a lovely comment! It is a absolute pleasure to know that people are enjoying my blog and I really do hope that my story will help other people know that anything is possible! I would love to be a motivational speaker one day so who knows what may be! Thank you again :)
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    I really think you will make an excellent motivational speaker. Your blog is really excellent, very well written and real first hand experience which counts for a lot. Well done for starting the driving lessons again. Maybe something else to look into is DET (disability equality trainer) or maybe consultancy of some kind. I'm sure some good opportunities will come your way.
  • ChelleM
    Thank you again Noah!, it's so great knowing that people like my blog. I'll look into both of your suggestions and hopefully I can start making some positive changes in the world! Thank you for such kind words.

Brightness