pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
caswellbay48
caswellbay48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My daughter has cerebral palsy and is 17years she was given0 points on mobility assessment and our initial appeal has come to nothing so on to the next stage of this ghastly process can you give us any advice or help with this heather only walks tiptoe very small distance and never on her own ever as unsafe thanks tanya

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi caswellbay4,

Thanks for posting your question and contacting the helpline today.
    We are seeing an increase in the numbers of people who are being assessed under PIP and not scoring any/enough points for the mobility component of PIP despite having been on high rate mobility for DLA.
    We have since spoken on the phone and I have given you details of services which might be able to help with your appeal. I hope that you are able to find some local help. Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Victim_in_need
    Victim_in_need Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I know how it feels the DWP after using Equaliy Act a duty to disabled people by law who discrinated against me by failing to make reasonable adhustment when I could not complete forms because I was refused any help and this .makes it unlawful for then to stop your money but they did with me for a year. I was exempt from PCA had to.go scored 0 points

Appealed to Autos threatening UN for then to act and awarded me 37 cars 10 points mobiity when 12 gets you a Car how sickenning is that

If I was you I would call on your MP to sort it out as I have done this in past

Failing that you have your European MEP or you can contact council directly to raise the issue as I have found that rules don't work m. The UK as its not about people the ship is sinking and all they think abouf is.money due to greed

You have Chief Executives who can be held to account just as ministers in these days your forced to fight for your rights

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.