failed atos interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

failed atos interview

happybunny
happybunny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i failed the Atos interview as the gp they sent me to see has never heard of Klippel-Feil syndrome (1-40,000 worldwide have it), its a very rare condition, and day to day life is very painful. I was receving ESA but now I've been told im not entitled to anything!!!!! after speaking to 11 people at the DWP I've now got to appeal, and I havent a clue where and how to start the letter, if theres anyone out there who can offer help/advice i would be greatful.

Comments

• ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Dear happybunny,

Have you considered getting some help from an organisation such as DIAL or Citizen's Advice Bureau? You can find your nearest DIAL group on the Scope website http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/local-advice.
    As you have a rare condition you might benefit from some extra support with your appeal. The key is to provide as much evidence as you can to support your appeal.
    If you would like to talk about this more please call us on 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk
    Best wishes
    Scope helpline
  • milo
    milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. When I went for my assessment, the assessor said she hadn't heard of one of my conditions (polymiositis) but that she had researched it prior to my appointment. I know it may not help but makes me wonder at the disparity in the quality of the assessments and whether you were unlucky enough to get a lazy assessor who didn't do any research. Interestingly I hadn't heard if your condition but only had to type klip into Google to find info on it. Good luck with an appeal
  • JonV6
    JonV6 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Fight this vehemently. Just because your assessor hasn't heard of your condition doesn't mean you are automatically fit to work. Atos is an absolute disaster. Do you have any evidence of your assessor saying they hadn't heard of your condition? That will be pretty damming when you get further into the appeal stage.

Jon
  • caswellbay48
    caswellbay48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi my daughter is 17 and has cerebral palsy she can walk tiptoe but prone to trip lose balance she really doesn't go anywhere alone cos its unsafe for her she scored 0 on recent pip mobility assessment and our initial appeal against the decision has not changed anything.I trust that some of you will know how I feel but right now I can't put it in to words.I would appreciate any advice as now we have to go onto the next appeal stage.I been given antidepressants by doctor as not coping with the feelings of confusion and anger if I am honest.the woman who came to assess heather didn't even see or ask to see her walk.I just feel I need to communicate with you thanks
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Caswellbay48,

Have you had any success with finding someone to help with the appeal since we were last in contact?

Kind regards
    Debbie
  • caswellbay48
    caswellbay48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Debbie saw Richard wills of DAP yesterday.he was magnificent in the time he gave us going through the pip questions I now understand what the questions are actually asking!The mobility part as you know is very hard. We are going to appeal and DAP will help us all the way.I feel so very grateful right now especially knowing that a lot of people don't have the support heather does kind regards tanya
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Tanya,
    I'm really glad that DAP are going to help you with the appeal. Here at the helpline we hear stories such as yours everyday and there are less and less places where people can access help for free. It's lovely to hear some positive news and I would be very grateful if you could keep in touch and let me know how the appeal goes. If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
    Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.