CP in young children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CP in young children

BlueBell33
BlueBell33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2015 in Cerebral palsy
I'm a young mum who has a son who is 2 of CP, global development delay, and speech problems. Just wondering if there's any support groups around surrey area?

Comments

• Jane_Alumni
    Jane_Alumni Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Bluebell33

If you are looking for Support groups in your area, the Scope helpline would be happy to refer you to a regional worker who can find out what is available in your area. They can also give general advice regarding cp and disability, and can send you a really useful Parent's Guide. You can give them a ring on 0808 800 3333 or email  helpline@scope.org.uk 
    They are very friendly and will be happy to talk to you.

best wishes
  • ChelleM
    ChelleM Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Hi BlueBell33, 
    I'm Michelle 25 years old and I was born with Mild Cerebral Palsy that affects all four of my limbs, I don't know of any support groups in your area as I'm from Liverpool but I've recently set up my own blog about my life with Cerebral Palsy and have had a lot of parents emailing me to let me know they found my blog helpful. If you would like to check it out it's at www.seemenotcp.wordpress.com I'd be happy to chat any time you need someone to talk too! Take care Michelle x
  • rvl100
    rvl100 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi BlueBell33,

I'm in Essex so not that close by, but happy to talk anytime. My daughter is 2 and has CP and a speech delay.

Brightness