Travelling by car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travelling by car

neiltaylor
neiltaylor Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Is anyone aware of any gadget that would protect the inside door lock handle as my daughter loves to play with it. First time around after persistent playing it was very costly to fix

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Have you thought about giving your daughter a distraction to take her mind off fiddling with the handle? There are some great ideas for keeping kids occupied in our car travel tips section: https://community.scope.org.uk/tips/cars-and-travelling

• Tracylewis
    Tracylewis Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My daughter also likes playing with the car door handles,we now have a piece of cardboard cut out that slides between the door and the seat and so far this seems to be doing the trick.She still pulls at the cardboard but not the handle.Hope this is helpful to you.
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I think the problem is that because all car door handles are different they wouldn't be able to make just one type.
    On the disabled people section there is someone who has made some mobility items using a 3d printer, maybe you could ask him if he could print an item to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    If the worry or concern is that the person or child may try to open the car door while its in motion I sujest you apply the child locks which enabled the car door to be opened from the outside only.

Brightness