Hi, my name is nads1phil! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nads1phil!

Options
nads1phil
nads1phil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone. I have joined this community, in the hope of finding some h lawful advice and information, to find appropriate help and support for my son to live independently. He is 18 on Tuesday, has ASD & ADHD - has been under Social Services since 2012 - but has been failed again and again by LA. He has not had any core or statutory assessments, even for transition. I am sick of being fobbed off and he needs help and support as now going down a very slippery path and I am very concerned/worried as his mother /carer.

Comments

• Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the Scope community, I'm sure someone at Scope will be able to help with some advice.
    Unfortunately so many disabled people are being let down by a system that was set up to protect them, government cuts haven't helped and its very worrying.
  • nads1phil
    nads1phil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Zec. I do hope someone out there may have experienced similar situation and may be able to share some of the barriers faced in getting the right support and indeed - how they went about it. I feel we have just been fobbed off and now my son 18 - they can wash their hands of him and rejoice in having preserved their '30 pieces of silver' aka 'precious budget!'
    It's so short sighted and really compromises the credibility of a 'Social Worker!' ( that's just my opinion!). Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Brightness