trekinetic all terrain lightweight wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

trekinetic all terrain lightweight wheelchair

trekinetic
trekinetic Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi
I am new to this site & am interested in finding out if anyone
who uses a wheelchair has heard of the Trekinetic? This is an all
terrain (& I mean all terrain!) lightweight chair. The k2 is a
manual chair & the GTE is a powered chair which can also be used in a
manual position, which is beneficial for those who want to maintain
upper body strength, but can switch to power if tired. The chair is
easily folded & will fit into almost any car. This chair is suitable for children as we have a hyperforma shape adjustable insert seat, as the child grows the seat is removed, therefore no need for a new chair!  This is a very brief
description of the Trekinetic. If anyone would like to see it in action
our wesite is www.beyondtheboundarywheelchairs.com Whilst this chair has
been in circulation since 2006, it is quite an unknown entity,
therefore beyond the boundary's are trying to get it 'out there' so
anyone choosing a new chair has knowledge of it.
If anyone might be interested in a demo, please contact us via the website or on 07885 059990 so we can discuss this further.
Vivienne Cobden

Comments

• milo
    milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    Fantastic piece of equipment. As someone who has had to give up hiking and hillwalking due to disability, this is exactly the kind of thing that would allow me once again to broaden my horizons. Sadly however, it is well out of my price range. Are any of the k2 made available for loan or rent?
  • trekinetic
    Thank you for this Milo. Have you researched into funding etc?
    What part of the country are you in? We do have a chair that might be possible to loan out for a couple of days if we are not using it for a demo, but it depends on how near/far we are from each other.
    Vivienne
  • milo
    Hi Vivienne. My understanding is that as I have a lightweight everyday chair, funding may be problematic unless anyone has any suggestions? Am in the Teesside area
  • trekinetic
    Ooh Milo, I'm afraid we are opposite ends of the country. We are in the south.
    Have you heard of turn2us for benefits &grants? It's a huge data base. Worth taking a look.
    Best wishes
    Vivienne
  • milo
    Many thanks for your reply. Have tried turn 2us previously for this type of funding, with no success. Don't know if anyone on the forum has any further suggestions?
  • trekinetic
    Have you tried disability-grants.org or tried benevolent funds re profession you might have been in or clubs you've belonged to? Of course I have no idea what/if you had/have a profession, so it might not be relevant.
    Best wishes
    Viv
  • milo
    Thanks, will look into it
  • greg73
    greg73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    hi ni am going to lake district with afriend who has ms and dependant on being pushed in wheelchair so was looking for somewhere to hire for one week am really struggling mountaintrike are to expensive
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited February 2016
    A Mountain trike is pretty amazing for off road use, and they do hire out......that would probably be my first choice for a serious off road adventure - I have only had a very quick go in one, and I could see straight away that it had huge potential for being able to confidently tackle almost any off road terrain.

I recently also tried out the K2 at the Science museum in London where it can be hired for free, I was suitably impressed and it exceed my expectations, it made my visit to the museum the most enjoyable, I was able to easily get to all the different exhibits for the very first time ever, without struggling and with smile on my face.

In the West country they have a very interesting scheme running where you can borrow an electric off road mobility buggy http://www.countrysidemobility.org/ I wonder if there is such a scheme, running in other areas of the country?

I know that many of the National Trust places have access to off road mobility equipment for visitors to make use of. That might be worth looking into.

Please let us know how you get on, I would be most interested.

Noah

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.