Hi, my name is ShirleyMason! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ShirleyMason!

Options
ShirleyMason
ShirleyMason Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hi. My name is Shirley. I am 54 years old, married with 3 children. I have CP. I also have pets.
I was brought up by my parents to live in an abled persons society. As the family believed although I had " silly legs " there was nothing wrong with my brain !
I have lead a very normal life, although I have struggled all my life with the physical pain, barriers in all sorts of ways along life's path. Having the love and support from my family and friends.. I consider myself very fortunate to had this bond as it shaped me to the person I am today !.
I felt the need to join this site as I have never joined any group before. Hoping to make friends. I read through some of the posts and it made me feel very humble. I identify with so much of what is said and the positivity .
Best Wishes

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Shirley,

Welcome to the Scope online community, It sounds like you have a lot of experience of living with CP. I look forward to reading some of your stories.

Feel free to ask any questions, between all us we have a lot to all share that can help.

Kind regards

Noah

Brightness