is it "correct information"??
I am a lone parent with a disabled child (12 years) who has been awarded DLA higher care component and lower mobility and I am receiving Carer's Allowance.
Yesterday I was told by my adviser at Jobcentre that I need to start looking for a job, as the benefit system is going to change even if I am a carer.
Could any one kindly advise me if the information given by the adviser is correct, as I can't find any official/government documents which state that carers must be available to work anytime in near future?
Thank you for reading my message.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 790 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 289 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 685 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.