Hi, my name is gnmeads! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gnmeads!

gnmeads
gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
edited May 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hi im Glenn and I have a condition called simultangnosia. It efects me in lots of ways but the main problem is only being able to consontrate on one thing at a time. I am interested to find anyone who has this condition or anyone who knows about it please

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the community. I hope you are able to find others with this condition. I had not heard of it before now, but I can see that it is very rare. Have you always had this or did it occur after an injury or trauma? I hope you don't mind me asking :)
  • gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi Debbie
    I had a brain tumor when I was 11 years old witch caused an epileptic fit which then coursed my simultanagnosia (that is now spelled correctly). Now I'm 38 I feel I have to look into it a bit more after having to leave work for about the 5th time because of it. It is a very invisible disability hence why I contacted yourself.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Glenn,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to leave work for the 5th time due to your condition. We have an employment adviser at the helpline and if you need some advice in this area she will be happy to talk to you.

Are you getting financial support while you are out of work? If not this is something we can talk about in more depth if you like.

If you haven't already come across this thread about Invisible disabilities and public perception, it is worth a read. It certainly was a very popular thread. I hope you enjoy the conversation. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/74305#Comment_74305

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness