Hi, my name is Annemarie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annemarie!

Annemarie
Annemarie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hello
My daughter recently gave birth to twins at 30 weeks, a boy and a girl weighing 3lb each.
They were in the Nicu for 3 weeks and now are in the special care unit for a few more weeks.
The progress they have made has been fantastic but then last week we received the news that the little boy has PVL.
As you can imagine this was a huge shock to my daughter and her partner and there has been many tears.
We have researched as much as we can but it's the not knowing how badly effected my grandson will be is the hardest part for my daughter. The doctors have mentioned the word global and both sides but haven't said much about what we can expect from this scan.
If there are other parents/carers out there that have been in a similar place I would love to hear from you.
My daughter had a very difficult time last week and I have been on hand with cuddles and reassurances as that is all what I can offer her so far.
Hopefully someone can share their similar journeys.
Thank you

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Anne-Marie,

Welcome to the community. I hope that our community members can help by sharing their experiences with you. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us at the helpline if we can help with information and advice as things progress. We wish you and your family all the very best.

Brightness