Hi, my name is Samantha1987! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Samantha1987!

Options
Samantha1987
Samantha1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2015 in Start here and say hello!
I'm 27 I suffer with mild cerebral palsy and i think a bit of ocd with texting. I'm losing people this way and I'm so unhappy with losing people

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the online community forum Samantha.

Hope you find some things that are some help on here.

Feel free to ask any questions or share things that you have found useful with your first hand experience of living with CP.

Have you looked into any ways that your OCD can be treated? I know how distressing it can be to loose friends, often things can be resolved with good communication. Not always easy tho.

All the very best

Noah
  • Samantha1987
    Samantha1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou Nah for ur reply. I'm just lost on how to regain my friends I've lost tbh
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Friendships are two way street, and yes, sometimes we get it wrong, and it can put strain on relationships, but a good friend doesn't expect perfection and its about forgiving each other and moving on.

Acts of kindness and showing that you care and don't hold a grudge are all important steps to help in rebuilding relationships as is good communication vital.

All you can do is your best, after that, just look for the lessons learned from the situation and how you can use your new experience in life to build new healthy relationships with people in the future.

You might find talking to the sex and relationships adviser helpful, in the talk to a community adviser section. Your certainly not alone in trying to resolving relationship/friendship issues. We are all learning all the time, its part of navigating our way through life! If you would rather chat to someone in more confidence rather than posting on an open forum. I would suggest calling the scope helpline on 08088003333. Who will be able to help point you in the right direction.

All the very best

Noah

Brightness