cerebral palsy and my experience — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

cerebral palsy and my experience

underestimatedgirl
underestimatedgirl Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2016 in Cerebral palsy
hello, my experience with cerebral palsy is that my parents were told that I would never walk or talk . I can do both , the sad thing about it is when I was just 3 days old my twin brother also died from the disability . I been bullied a lot and be called a lot of names I am not going to tell you them as I don't want to upset anyone but it is hard to be me . everything will be better I am determined to make it so. all I want to do is inspire people

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Wow - you certainly are inspiring to us, its so encouraging to hear positive experiences of individuals with CP who have proved the medical professionals wrong and continue to do so. I'm sure your experiences will encourage others. Look forward to reading more.

Yes - being called names can be very upsetting - Something that helped me, is realizing that it is often because the person doesn't understand, is naive or just does it to escape or feel better about their own insecurities.
  • Gary681
    Gary681 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Very pleased to read that you have the absolute determination to improve your life. You have already overcome obstacles that many people could not begin to cope with. Remember this when you are having your tough days. You are already an inspiration and if you keep your determination and positive attitude I am sure you will go on to inspire many more people.

Brightness