Hi, my name is ColinUtting! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ColinUtting!

ColinUtting
ColinUtting Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was sacked for having a disability after 4 years of bullying and discrimination and suffered from a series of PTSD Mental health breakdowns as well as an unpaid carer of our seriously handicapped son

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello ColinUtting,

Welcome to the community. If you need to talk about the employment issue or indeed anything else, please feel free to post questions or contact us at the helpline :)
  • ColinUtting
    ColinUtting Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Debbie thank you for your reply to me as a train driver I suffered and reported from a horrific slow speed suicide and had to pass over the body twice in two hours again at 10 mph i was having counselling for the suicide and 4 years of bullying, My bullying manager stopped my counselling then made me attend a meeting on my own and refused to allow any ASLEF Rep's to be at the meeting he started to ask about my personal medical conditions & treatments saying that they have my medical records he then suspended me for refusing to take part on ASLEFs instructions i was then sacked in there words for having a disorder of my spine using my medical records and treatments as the evidence against me and for refusing attending the first meeting.
    I then suffered from a second mental health breakdown at my appeal with the now ASLEF General Secretary M Whelan sitting at my side who then abandoned me.
    The last reply to me from ASLEF asked if my nurse had written my complaint to the union with regards there abandonment even though i was promised by the General Secretary that if I was got rid of i would have the full force of ASLEF AT MY DISPOSAL.

Brightness