Hi, my name is niki29! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is niki29!

niki29
niki29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
my daughter has been high rate care since birth with numerous medical problems .she had a stoma formed at 7 hours old and had a colostomy bag for 3 years before reversing it.during this operation they failed to fit a catheter which resulted in her bladder going to sleep and perpherating her bowel which caused septacimia .she was rushed back to theatre where she had the stoma for another year and a superpubic catheter for 3 months until her bladder awoke.she now has to wear pull-ups due to being incontinent and has to have **** irrigation every other day to empty her bowels.we had a ot visit our home to see about adaptions as our bathroom and toilet are seperate and very small my daughter has to lie on the landing to have her irrigation which is difficult to hold the bag in the air to drain with one hand and try to hold the cone in her bottom with the other .the property was deemed unsuitable by the ot but council wont help move us despite many letters and reports from proffesionals

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Niki29,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. You've been through a lot haven't you? I'm a bit baffled as to why the council won't help you move if your property has been deemed unsuitable by the OT?
    If you want to talk some more about this, I'd be happy to talk it through with you and see if I can offer any advice about this.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness