Using voice activation software. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using voice activation software.

wizard200
wizard200 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Do any other individuals use voice-activated software and what do they think of it

Comments

• Katherine Hayward
    Katherine Hayward Community member Posts: 74 Listener
    I use Dragon Dictation Home Edition for all my computer use. I have versions for both the laptop and iPad. Both are accurate, but I did have to train them to recognize my voice. I've dictated 5 novels with them, and am on my 6th. I used the same software for all my school/ university work as well as my dissertation for uni. I was originally recommended this dictation programmer by an OT.
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited November 2015
    Great post Alex

I have been using Dragon for a while now and would like to use it more effectively with some of the more customised options. Can you recommend a Dragon Naturally Speaking training provider or resource to learn some of these?
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Ability net is one company that maybe able to help with training. If you use voice activation software for work, you should be able to get any training requirements funded through Access to work.

Hope that helps,

Let us know how you get on.

Noah
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Noah this is really helpful. I will give them a call. Yes, I use Dragon Naturally Speaking @ work, because unfortunately I developed work related upper limb disorder (RSI) in my unaffected arm/hand. I will let you know how I get on.
    Best wishes
    Stayce

Brightness