Hi, my name is Sam_wj! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sam_wj!

Options
Sam_wj
Sam_wj Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My name is Sam, I'm a product designer currently studying my 3rd year of university. I'm researching into inclusive design, and have a passion for designing and making products that everyone can enjoy.

Comments

• Geo08
    Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Hello Sam,

My name is George and I'm a 2nd Year Law student at the University of York. I absolutely love talking about ideas of new products that could be introduced to the market.

What are you interested in?

I'd love to have further conversations with you about new products and I look froward to speaking with you more,

Regards,
    George
  • Sam_wj
    Sam_wj Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi George,

Well I'm interested in all aspects of design. However at the moment I'm currently under-going my final major project where I have chosen to design some sort of kitchen product that is inclusive and appeals to everyone. At the moment I'm trying to get insight from different people about what struggles and difficulties people have in the kitchen.

If you have any thoughts or ideas I'd be more than happy to talk to you more. Looking forwards to your response.

Regards,
    Sam
  • Geo08
    Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Hmmm... The kitchen is a more challenging one because many of the tasks disabled people want to speed up / improve in the kitchen are all things that generally everyone wants to have so it's a great area for more mass market product development.

I'm in a rather fortunate position where my university have adapted my kitchen really well for me and I absolutely love cooking things.

I tell you what would be useful is an apron that works properly when you're sat down as I get really fed up with the long bits of apron trailing around everywhere and getting stuck in wheels etc. It would also be interesting if you could make the lower portion heatproof so you could balance hot things on your knees without burning yourself.

That's probably a practical area of exploration but my passion in technology has to be towards ways of improving personal care so if you ever need another project idea outside the kitchen let me know :)

Hope this helps,
    George

Brightness