Access to eye care — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to eye care

DonnaO
DonnaO Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2015 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi, I work for the charity SeeAbility and we're doing some new research looking at people with learning disabilities and autism experiences of getting a sight test, glasses and help at the opticians. Really keen to know if people feel they are having reasonable adjustments made and getting the eye care they need as we think these will be the first national surveys on this subject. I can send anyone a survey for free - my contact details are at www.seeability.org/surveys (they are online too).

Here's a bit more of the blurb below

Would you help us promote our new eye care surveys?

SeeAbility’s national surveys will help us all understand if people with learning disabilities are getting good help to look after their eyes. We want to make sure eye care services are the best they can be for people with learning disabilities. We’ll be putting all the findings into a report we’ll launch in the spring of 2016. SeeAbility is the national charity that works with people with sight loss and multiple disabilities.

To help we have two surveys:

1) One for parents of children with learning disabilities who are under 14
2) An easy read survey for anyone who is 14 and over. They are both online, but also downloadable to print and send back to us for free.

But we can also send copies to anyone who needs them.

They are anonymous so no-one has to worry about what they say.

To find out more go to https://www.seeability.org/surveys

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited December 2015
    Yes I would be prepared to help, as I have a vision impairment and are dyslexic. This is an area of special interest that I'm very passionate about. I understand and recognize how important the right eye care is, including the correctly setup assistive technology, to ensure the best possible outcomes, especially true to get the most out of learning.

I've just edited the link to your website so that people can click on it, and it will take them straight there!

Thanks for your post

Noah
  • DonnaO
    DonnaO Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    That's great thanks so much Noah!
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Yes I would like to help

Brightness