goverment grants for disabled people to return to work. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

goverment grants for disabled people to return to work.

Options
bigkev5963
bigkev5963 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
How do I access this information.

Comments

• bigkev5963
    Options
    Someone please advise me.
  • bigkev5963
    Options
    Return to work disabled benefits.
  • EmmaFarrell
    EmmaFarrell Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Hi bigkev5963, the website www.disabilityrightsuk.org is very useful for information on what you may be entitled to, they have factsheets on the different types of support available. One of the supports in place is an Access to Work grant, I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but it might be worth you having a read of the information on it:
    http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/access-work
    Disability Rights also have various helplines if you have any other queries.
    Hope you get the help you need!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Listener
    Options
    Heyy Bigkev5963..

...What would the grant be for? Depending on what you want to spend the money on there are different forms of funding.

in a nutshell, There's Access to Work as mentioned above which is financial support to make adjustments, adaptations or cover extra costs associated with employing you due to your disability. Access to Work are the people to contact once you have a job firmed up, and they 'll liaise with you and your employer about what's required.

There's also ESA which is financial help and practical support for people who either can't, or have a reduced capacity for work, due to illness or disability - you get a job coach at the job centre who can put you onto courses whilst you are receiving ESA, and you can also do a few hours a week of work without losing the ESA money which is helpful for those that aren't sure about whether they can work full-time but would like to try to build up to it gradually.

There are also a few little pots of money for other things - the new enterprise allowance for example which is for people who want to start a business.

So yeah - what did you want the money for? :)

-B
  • bigkev5963
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I want to start up a small business. So what kind of grants would I be entitled to. Many thanks Kev.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh, definitely look into the New Enterprise Allowance then - I think the jobcentre administrates it so ask there. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/new-enterprise-allowance
  • bigkev5963
    Options
    Thank you Beth. That link was great.Many thanks Kev.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    no probs - good luck with everything :)
    -B x
  • bigkev5963
    Options
    Cheers b, Love K, xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.