What kind of things will the child physiologist ask about? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What kind of things will the child physiologist ask about?

Options
cbrom
cbrom Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask an Educational Psychologist.

Comments

• cbrom
    cbrom Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Hannah
    I have a 15 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME in 2011. This is a debilitating illness and as such she is can only access education on a part time basis, averaging 8 hours per week. Due to the illness she is now only studying 2 GCSE in English and Maths. I have applied for an EHCP to give her support to achieve her potential post 16 and a smooth transition to college to allow her to progress and achieve her full educational plan. Previously I was discouraged by the school to apply for one as she was treated as a 'medical' student and not as a child with a disability. Tomorrow we have to meet the child physiologist and we don't know what to expect, can you give me an idea what kind of things she will ask about?

My daughter has had a disjointed learning experience and had some time between two places of education. she suffers with post malaise fatigue, headaches, nausea, poor concentration, brain fog, aching limbs and muscles. She sleeps on average 18 hours per day and all her energy is used attending school. She does not take part in after school activities and rarely sees friends out of school. This results wuith low moods at time and she lacks confidence.

I would just like to know what we might expect tomorrow as the educational psychologist will be speaking to us her parents and to my daughter seperately.

Thank yo
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    Hello cbrom,
    Unfortunately I am unable to check this discussion board on a regular basis. I hope your meeting went well and that the educational psychologist you met was able to answer your questions. If you have any further questions feel free to post again.
    Kind regards, Hannah

Brightness