Hi, my name is Jeankh! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jeankh!

Options
Jeankh
Jeankh Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I have just lost my beloved son (24/11/15)David. He was profoundly disabled with cp. He was 44 when he died. I had David when I was 19 and have looked after him my entire adult life. I am totally lost without him and don't know what to do with myself. I miss him so much and am terribly depressed. Any other parents going through this, if so I would love to hear from you.xx

Comments

• htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello Jeankh. I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss; I am sure you miss him terribly, and I'm sending my best. If you have a look around the community there are different places to talk about different things, and there may be a place more suited where you can discuss your recent loss with others. There's lots of advice on the website which may also be of help. Feel free to post anywhere you feel necessary: we like to think we're a friendly bunch! Thank you so much for sharing your story and I hope you find even just a little bit of comfort from this supportive and welcoming community.
    Heather :-)
  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Jeankh, it's me again! The parents/carers section may be useful for you as you may be able to connect with other who are going through similar situations. I hope you find some support in sharing :-)
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You have my deepest sympathies. I'm very sorry to hear about your huge loss. I hope that you have friends and family around you to support you at what must be a very difficult time.

I'm not a parent, but what impresses me about you and others in your situation, is how much love and devotion you have clearly put into to caring for your son and his needs. It takes a huge amount of self sacrifice being a full time care giver and it takes a very special type of person regardless if the person you are looking after is family or not.

You have done an amazing job, and should be very proud yourself.

I wonder what David would want for you now? When I lost someone very close to me a few years ago, asking myself what that person would want for me now, was one of a few things that helped me keep going, I also tried to focus on the amazing memories and happy times that we shared together.

Not easy at all, with time and the right support things will improve for you.

Noah
  • Jeankh
    Jeankh Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Noah for you very kind words, I really appreciate it. Jean xx

Brightness