Hi, my name is chomendley1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is chomendley1!

Options
chomendley1
chomendley1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, i'm a physio assistant working with children 0-19. I am also training to be a physio!

Comments

• chomendley1
    Options
    Hi, just bought one of these hover balls. Great for children with CP or other disabilities who love football but can sometimes find it frustrating to kick. This easily glides across the floor- just purchased one for work. Can be used in walkers, or bench sitting- child on low bench with feet flat on the floor (with support given by a carer) if needed and of coarse a friend to pass the ball. They need a more inclusive video clip though! http://www.jmldirect.com/at-home/home-accessories/hover-ball/?gclid=CJ-moNSeqcsCFQoKwwoduBAIAw
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    Wow they look fab! Thanks for sharing that. Welcome to the forum, I may be picking your brains about Physio things soon :D
  • chomendley1
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Glad its useful! I was at my friends house who is a paediatric Ot and she just kicked one to me having purchased it for her work in a special school. Hasten to say we have one at work now, simple idea but works brilliantly. I'm not a physiotherapist so can't give specific advice but have lots of experience of working with children with SEN as a t.a before to my role as physio assistant. If you have any physio questions make sure you ask your named physio first, they always have the best knowledge as they will know your child best. Have fun with the hover ball if you get one

Brightness