Feeling and moveiñg — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling and moveiñg

Sophie Buckley
Sophie Buckley Community member Posts: 12 Connected
I live in care home, I really want to move out', there a bit of pressure on me by social services to do so. Apart from having no building suitable for me. I an nervous at being on my own. I have bad experience of people supporting me either not turning up or wanting to take over. I feel insulted when this happens as I just want to do more than sorting out my care

A assistant dog would help but I not allowed one in the care home so would be a wait ŵhen I move out. I. Don't know what to do. I also get anxieties when I have more than one negative emotions to cope with ! This is very frustrating and to top it off people are saying I can control my anixty when I do try but find it hard

Comments

• dialer
    dialer Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    positive thoughts Sophie and yes I do know the we will take over your life, if you ever want to chat i'm nearly always around
  • Sophie Buckley
    Thanks I do try, the added barrier of not having somewhere I could try and experiment is stressful
  • Geo08
    Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hello Sophie,

I'm a disabled student at the University of York. I had huge problems with a care company when I started uni. However, I now arrange my own support and its a million times better.

Following this I've spent alot of time helping other disabled people sort stuff like this out. Do you mind letting me know what region you live in as I might have a few suggestions to 'try before you buy'.

I really hope you get this sorted and I'm very happy to offer any help I can.

George
  • Sophie Buckley
    I have employed pa and started getting desperate and employing anyone who could do it that had consequences I live in north dorset
  • Geo08
    Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I guess its all about what you want. If you're happy where you are then don't worry about moving out.

If you however want to move out for a bit you could always try moving into university halls for the summer when they are empty. This could give you some time to sort something out for the long term.

I really know what you mean about feeling anxious everything. I'm super worried about finding somewhere to live after uni!

I'll be really honest though, finding the right people to help you makes all the difference as I know poor support can ruin things.

Did you use a company to provide your PA or did you employ them yourself? How are they people where you live now? Are they good carers? How much support do you need and with what?

Brightness