Colour blindness and visual stress (aka Meares-Irlen Syndrome, Scotopic Sensitivity) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Colour blindness and visual stress (aka Meares-Irlen Syndrome, Scotopic Sensitivity)

Duane_Higham
Duane_Higham Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2015 in Research and opportunities
Hi All,

I'm currently working on a research project for my masters degree looking into colour blindness and visual stress can affect a users opinion and perceptions of the visual aesthetics of websites and how it can affect their ability to use websites.

Anyone who would be interested in getting involved and helping me out in my research by completing a short questionnaire and perhaps a little experiment please get in touch.

To add a little incentive i'm also going to be giving a prize to a randomly selected participant :)

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Yes - I would be happy to help. This is an area that interests me, as I have experience of a visual impairment that increases my visual stress. Email community@scope.org.uk and one of the team will forward it on to me.

Regards

Noah
  • Duane_Higham
    Thanks for the interest Noah, I will send an email as soon as i have something.
    At the moment i am in the planning phases and require ethical sign off's from the university before i can start gathering data from people.

I will be in touch,
    Thanks again

Duane
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Your welcome :-)
  • Duane_Higham

**chance to win £20 amazon voucher**

Hello everyone,
    I am conducting research for my dissertation on colour blindness and web usability and I am looking for people to complete a short survey.

You do not have to be colour blind to participate as all info gathered will provide essential insight and will really help with my research.

The survey, including a short colour blind test, will take approx. 15 minutes to complete and all participants will be put into a prize draw to win a £20 Amazon voucher which will take place on February 29th 2016.

The link for the survey can be found below along with links to documents explaining the purpose of the research and how your data will be handled.

Websites and Colour Survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2523694/Websites-and-colours-A-study-of-the-effects-of-visual-deficiencies-short

Participant Information Sheet:
    http://www.s608178570.websitehome.co.uk/forms/Participant_Information_Sheet.pdf

Participant Consent Form:
    http://www.s608178570.websitehome.co.uk/forms/Participant_Consent_Form.pdf

Please share this post or forward it on to anyone you think may be interested.
    Thank you
  • Duane_Higham
    edited March 2016
    **chance to win £20 amazon voucher**

A couple of months ago I sent out a short survey for people to complete to aid my research for my dissertation to gain a MSc in Software Engineering degree. Again I would like to ask for volunteers to complete a second short survey, that will only take around 10 minutes to complete (you don’t have to have completed the first survey to take part in this one)

The survey is designed to measure your opinion of the aesthetics of a ‘basic’ web page and a ‘customisable’ web page which has been developed following findings that are aimed to improve the usability for visually impaired users, whilst not diminishing the experience for other users.

You do not have to have any forms of visual impairment to participate although participants that experience colour blindness or visual stress are desirable. All information gathered will provide essential insight and will really help with my research.

After completion of the survey all participants will be put into a prize draw to win a £20 Amazon voucher which will be drawn at random on May 6th 2016.

If you wish to participate you will find the survey at the below link.
    Websites and Colour Survey part 2: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2642609/Part2-Websites-and-colours-A-study-of-the-effects-of-visual-deficiencies

Please note that all information gathered will be confidential and only seen by myself and neber passed on to any 3rd parties

If you know anyone else who would like to take part then please pass this on.

Many thanks,
    Duane

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.