Mollii suit / Elektrodress — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mollii suit / Elektrodress

Af01
Af01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, is there anyone out there with any first hand experience of the Mollii suit (formally known as Elektrodress) by the Swedish company Inerventions

Comments

• wheelygirl
    wheelygirl Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hi yes i had one  when I was younger  I felt like it wasn't worth itas my parents had to fight my body to get me into it (but that was in the 90s so may have changed)
  • cpmummy
    cpmummy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, my son is 5 and has had the suit for a few months.
    in my honest opinion if you are looking for a miracle cure-this is not it. BUT the Mollii suit has almost removed the spasticity in my sons limbs, better than physio, Botox, splints etc, and the Mollii suit will only be beneficial if you do constant physio during or after the suit.
    for example, the Mollii suit relaxes the body but as my son cannot use his left arm very well, we have to encourage him to use it all the time! As he continues to use his arm he is building up muscle in his arm which then counteracts the spasticity when the Mollii suit wears off. 

So yes if you believe having the range of movement to develop muscle and overcome the spasticity then the suit is the best thing for it.

any other questions please let me know

chelsea 
  • Dazzaswans
    Dazzaswans Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    So yes if you believe having changed different language word like by the Swedish company Interventions and i thou what is Mollii suit ?
  • CPotential
    CPotential Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi all,

Sorry to join this discussion a bit late (!) but you may be interested to know that the London Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy offers free assessments for the Mollii Suit to children and adults.

For more information, please visit our website www.cplondon.org.uk or call us on 020 3074 1802.

Brightness